"The reason for this is not to highlight myself or my blog because at the end of the day, I am still an ordinary person. However, I am doing this to awaken my spirit in exploring places that I have never seen before and to motivate me in going somewhere else."

Another year has gone (sweet bye bye 2011) and I need to welcome year 2012 with a challenge and I think I really need this to ignite the flame of my travel spirit. 2011 was a great traveling year discovering many towns, villages, communities, cities and the like. For this year, I want it to be more exciting.

[BANTAY] Exploring with my brothers


For people with a nomadic form of living, this challenge can be technically easy. But for a full-time working professional like me, it is not an easy task.

The reason for this is not to highlight myself or my blog because at the end of the day, I am still an ordinary person. However, I am doing this to awaken my spirit in exploring places that I have never seen before and to motivate me in going somewhere else.

I believe that traveling doesn't mean going too far from your place or undergoing an extreme adventure. For me exploring your own hometown is an essential part of traveling. As for me, it is my goal to explore the 34 towns and cities of my own province and I have to see the beauty of my birthplace first before going to other places.

In fact, Manila is even more accessible to reach than some of the towns in my home province Ilocos Sur. Some towns are located deep within the mountains and jungles and some towns even require you to travel to other provinces because there are no roads within the province itself except from taking the road from other provinces.

[BATAC] My first city for the 112 on 2012 project


Yes, it is within my home province but it won't be as easy as A-B-C because the interior towns are less accessible.
After exploring my home province, the remaining 78 more will be another challenge and I believe it won't be easy. I know this will be a tough one for me so I need to go out of my comfort zone to achieve this goal.

Yes, this is a goal and I don't want to leave a concluding word that I will be able to fulfill a goal. If we say goal, it could be successful or a failure but of course I am looking after the success of this goal.

[SAN EMILIO] To a highland town in Ilocos Sur


Well, I don't guarantee an absolute accomplishment about this goal and I just need the support and inspiration from my fellow travel bloggers for we share the same compulsions in life.

However, help me God. God bless me and good luck to me. But I am very optimistic that I will be able to do this at the end of the year. That would be a great year-ender post since I haven't made one for 2011. Let's see on December how far this goal has reached.

Come on! Let's travel because it is more fun in the Philippines! /end

#TownExplorations You Might Like

Map showing the Location of [N/A]

Click map to view latest articles covering [N/A]


MORE POSTS FROM THIS CATEGORY: *PERSONAL*

[PERSONAL] Out from Blogging Because of Dengue Outbreak

TEASER: "The outbreak of Dengue fever in Ilocos Sur has consumed my time so fast that all my life was revolving around my beloved Dengue patients."

[PERSONAL] Rekindling a Childhood Dream to Travel

TEASER: "I will inspire my future children. I will let them know that passion should not be sacrificed."

[PERSONAL] Why You Should Date a Backpacker?

TEASER: "Hey girl. Are you looking for him? Don't stay there. Drop off your hairbrush and make-up kit and just go on! Break Free! Meet your man on that road."

[PERSONAL] Where do Broken Hearts Go?

TEASER: "Being crazy and being broken-hearted has a thin margin. Don't make yourself crazy."

[PERSONAL] The Travel Blog that Started with a Motobike Joyride

TEASER: "I invested with a motorbike because it is my ultimate dream to travel and do backpacking all over Luzon (and hopefully the whole Philippines) with a motorbike!"

[PERSONAL] When a Nurse Travels | The Life-Changing Moments

TEASER: "I learned that I can also be the other nurse of me, 'nursing the tourism industry' applying the same method I learned in my work place. Indeed, life-changing to discover the other part of you without sacrificing a job."

[PERSONAL] Reasons Why I Love Traveling with a Motorbike

TEASER: "As I drive along the road, I can clearly see the road ahead, and appreciate the scene at my left and at my right - a thing I can never do while inside a jeep or a bus."

[PERSONAL] Edmaration is Turning 1-year Old, Quite Emotional

TEASER: "My only target when I started blogging is to have 100 readers as maximum. Beyond that, it would be more than enough and if it goes more, that would be a bonus and if I reach million readers, I promise I will be online 24 hours (Just give me 8-hour break)."

Tags: Travel Challenge | Travel Blog Challenege |
SPEAK YOUR HEART OUT. DON'T BE SHY TO POST YOUR COMMENT, THOUGHTS, OR FEEDBACK. MAG-REREPLY AKO ONCE MAKITA KO ANG COMMENT MO. :)

Axact

EDMAR GUQUIB y DEL CASTILLO

Born and Raised in Vigan, Philippines. Hardcore Ilocano-Cordilleran. Professional Nurse on Weekdays. Coffee Addict. Travel Blogger in Between. For collaboration or partnership, email your business proposal at admin@edmaration.com.

Post A Comment: