A Bali-inspired resort can comfort you in Currimao, aesthetically created to accentuate the ambiance of the tropics.

• I'm re-writing this blog... without significantly sanitizing the insights of innocence and carelessness I had more than a decade ago.

• Editing and auditing my own work revealed how I significantly changed in a decade, and that this pretense is telling me that I wll continue to change.

πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO, ILOCOS NORTE
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT

It was March, and it was a pleasant summer of 2010-May-10 when I went to this resort for the very first time together with a college batchmate. This blog was originally published on 2011-March-01. About 13 years after, I revisited this blog and added additional insights based on my perspective as someone coming from the future—rewriting what was written in the past.

I'm re-writing this blog today, 2024-April-08, without significantly sanitizing the insights of innocence and carelessness I had more than a decade ago. I am also refurbishing this blog without editing the very cliche travel blogging style that I used to apply as a neophyte—given that it was also a trend back in the early days of travel blogging.

 ►  A Good Summer Destination

My friend Maynard invited me to go up north to Currimao for a photography session. At that time, I was very active in posting Ilocos Sur photos on facebook from my now retired Polaroid t730 digicam. I thought that Maynard saw that budding passion in me, and he was able to relate. That day was also the dawn of Maynard's budding interest in photography until he made it a career later on.

PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • PAINTED ON WOOD
When I originally wrote this blog, I said these words:

"For Summer beach goers, I must say that I recommend Currimao—although beaches in Cabugao, Sinait, Santiago, and San Esteban are beautiful too (you see, I'm biased for Sur). Sadly, I wasn't able to visit those secret Ilocos Sur beaches for a blog feature. Anyway, Currimao is fun!

The above words present the exact thoughts I had when I originally wrote this. I was still very new in travel blogging, and I only visited a few beaches. With the small number of beaches I visited, I still didn't see the best beaches I never thought I'd see in a span of 13 years after I published this post in 2011.

Back then, I thought that Ilocos Sur beaches could poise to become the best (in my limited perspective). Funny that I also called the popular beaches of Ilocos Sur as "secret" beaches. That gave some oxymoron vibes. Editing and auditing my own work revealed how I significantly changed in a decade, and that this pretense is telling me that I wll continue to change.

 ►  Balinese-inspired

Under this subheading, I wrote very cliche blogs as reflected below:

Aside from the charming beaches it could offer you, Currimao has captured an Indonesian-inspired investment. A Bali-inspired resort can comfort you in Currimao, aesthetically created to accentuate the ambiance of the tropics. This beautiful resort also infused the modern-day hospitality of Filipinos. This is the Playa Tropical Hotel and Resort located at Brgy Victoria.

PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • STUNNING INFINITY POOL
More cliche travel blog writing below:

Their infinity pool is a must-try. It would take you to a refreshing break as the splendid ocean view can take your mind to paradise. Their infinity pool is really eye-catchy, and it is amazingly relaxing to the eyes. For pool lovers and Gluthathione product users, the best time to swim is from 5pm onwards. The sun is too much scorching prior to that time, but the best view of the pool with the beach is at 12-5pm.

Guests can stay in their beautifully-built, Balinese-inspired two-storey casa with its own private pool in the middle of a perfect scenery of the precious beach and lovely tropical garden.


Kaya pa bang basahin ang pagka-cliche ng old writing ko? πŸ˜… However, to be honest, there's nothing wrong with it. Revisiting my old works just gave me this intangible yet measurable scale of the changes in my nuances, creative expressions, and style.

PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • THEIR PRIVATE CASAS ARE SPACIOUS INSIDE. I STAYED IN ONE OF THEIR CASAS IN 2017, 7 YEARS AFTER THIS INITIAL VISIT.
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • THIS IS A CROPPED PHOTO FROM THE ORIGINAL. I CROPPED THE HIDEOUS AND MORE DISTRACTING WATERMARK.
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • FUNNY THAT I'VE NEVER BEEN TO BALI, BUT I'VE BEEN DRAGGING BALI INTO THIS STORY. 🀣
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • A FRIENDLY WARNING FROM THE MANAGEMENT
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • AVOID WALKING AT THE EDGE OF THE POOL.
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • VIEW OF THE INFINITY POOL.
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • VIEW OF THE BEACH AND THE CLEAR, BLUE SKY
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • VIEW OF THE POOL AND THE CASA
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • ANOTHER VIEW OF THE BEACH TAKEN FROM THE RESORT
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • INFINITY POOL
PLAYA TROPICAL RESORT
πŸ‡΅πŸ‡­ CURRIMAO • SILHOUETTE FROM PLAYA TROPICAL.
Here's the rest of my original post:

Take a refreshing break and enjoy an invigorating lap of the 460-square meter swimming pool. Let the splendor of the ocean view take your mind a world away from the routine. Operating hours: 6:30am – 9:00pm.

Individual floaters are available for rent.

The use of appropriate swimming attire is strictly observed.

For budget travelers, because I know Playa Tropical might be too costly, you could simply drop by the public beach and enjoy Currimao like I did. •


This is the first resort I've written online. Indeed, it gave me a benchmark and an outline of how I would evolve in the future as a web content creator.

— END OF STORY —


LATEST STORIES COVERING 'CURRIMAO' • SEE ALL IN A SEPARATE WINDOW

MORE RELATED BLOGS YOU MIGHT LIKE. SEE TABS BELOW.
▼ ILOCOS NORTE ▼ RESORTS AND ACCOMMODATIONS ▼ LEISURE

 ►  More 'Ilocos Norte' Blogs



MORE STORIES COVERING 'ILOCOS NORTE' | SEE OLDER STORIES

 ►  More 'Resorts and Accommodations' Blogs


MORE STORIES COVERING SPECIAL FEATURES | SEE OLDER STORIES

 ►  More 'Leisure' Blogs


MORE STORIES COVERING "LEISURE" | SEE OLDER STORIES

MORE TOWNS OR LOCATIONS YOU MIGHT LIKE TO EXPLORE:
D N S C T M V P B SC

UPDATE HISTORY FOR THIS BLOG POST
• 2024-April-08: Lay-out version 2023.12 applied. Photos reuploaded with the watermark version 2024.1. Additional insights added.
• 2011-March-01: This post was published.
SPEAK YOUR HEART OUT. DON'T BE SHY TO POST YOUR COMMENT, THOUGHTS, OR FEEDBACK. MAG-REREPLY AKO ONCE MAKITA KO ANG COMMENT MO. :)

Axact

EDMAR GUQUIB y DEL CASTILLO

Born and Raised in Vigan, Philippines. Hardcore Ilocano-Cordilleran. Professional Nurse on Weekdays. Coffee Addict. Travel Blogger in Between. For collaboration or partnership, email your business proposal at admin@edmaration.com.

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Huwag mahiyang mag-comment at magtanong. Magrereply ako once mabasa ko ang comment mo. πŸ’š

Puwede mo rin akong i-follow or mag-message sa:
• Facebook: @edmaration
• Twitter: @edmaration
• YouTube: @edmaration
• Instagram: @edmaration
• TikTok: @edmaration
• Email: admin@edmaration.com